Sunday, April 22, 2012

Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms

This week's challenge is asparagus. I love asparagus! We usually eat it about once a week, and this is one of the easiest and tastiest ways to prepare it.

To start prepping your asparagus you need to either cut the ends of the stems off, or gently bend them until they break off on their own. I use the bend method.

Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Lay the asparagus out in a single layer on a cooking sheet, then add mushroom slices if you like mushrooms. These were large, pre-sliced button mushrooms that called out to me in the grocery store.


Spray everything with a little olive oil, then sprinkle some salt, fresh ground pepper and a little coarse ground garlic on it.



 You can see that this garlic is a lot more coarse than regular garlic powder.



Roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.




I served this with roasted potatoes and grilled flank steak. Sometimes I will also add a little fresh lemon juice before cooking the asparagus, and other times I melt freshly grated Parmesan cheese on it during the last two minutes in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment