Thursday, December 17, 2009

One Pot Pasta

The other night I just wanted to make something simple and fast, so I chose this easy pasta dish. I had never made it before, but I found it in Martha Stewart's "Everyday Food" magazine. It was so simple that there weren't even measurements!

1 box penne noodles
fresh broccoli
1 lemon
2 garlic cloves
parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt and pepper

In a large pot boil penne 6 minutes less than al dente; add broccoli florets, and cook until penne is al dente. Drain; return to the pot, and toss with a couple of crushed garlic cloves, some olive oil, the zest and juice of a lemon, salt and pepper and plenty of parmesan. That's it. Very simple.

I liked this dish, but felt it really needed something more. I think I might try serving it again in the spring or summer, but next time I will serve it cold with some grilled chicken breasts on top. More like a pasta salad with chicken. Let me know if you try it and what variations you come up with!

1 comment:

  1. Simple = great. I haven't tried it, but always looking for very simple (to cook and clean) dishes.
    I think my microwave is affecting my my brain patterns.

    ReplyDelete