Thursday, January 28, 2010

Veggie and Pasta Salad

I call this Veggie and Pasta Salad because I usually end up with more veggies than pasta. This is super easy and delish! I really like a very colorful pasta salad, so I use a tri-color rotini pasta and lots of fresh veggies. I usually use cherry tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, carrots, broccoli, cucumber and red onion. I also like to add a can of garbanzo beans for added flavor, texture, protein and fiber.

Prep the pasta according to the directions on the package. While that's cooking cut up the veggies and toss them in a large Tupperware. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and rinse it in cold water. Add pasta to the container. Top with your favorite Italian dressing. I always use Wishbone Robusto Italian. I've tried others, but I think this is the best for this dish. Some of the others didn't seem flavorful enough to me, but hey, use whatever you like! Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. I also like to serve it with freshly grated Parmesan or cheddar on the side for a garnish.

This can be a great vegetarian meal or side dish. It's a must have for any large spring or summer gathering beacuse it is a nice, light dish, it's healthy, and it makes so much that it's great for sharing. It also pairs really well with simple, grilled chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment