Monday, January 25, 2010

Pork Chops with Apples and Shallots

This is so flavorful, I could eat it every week!


4 pork chops, I use boneless, about 1 inch thick
2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
2-4 shallots, cut into quarters and separated
Olive oil
salt and pepper
White wine, cider or apple juice

Rinse pork chops and dry well. Sprinkle both sides with salt and fresh ground pepper. Put about 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and bring up to medium heat. Add pork chops. Sear each side until just browned, then remove from pan. Add apples and shallots to the pan. Cook until apples and shallots are just beginning to soften and return pork chops to the pan. Add about 1/4 cup of white wine or juice. Turn chops every few minutes until cooked through. Serve chops with apples and shallots on top.


*Updated* 01/16/11
I changed this recipe just a little bit today. The next time I make it, I will take more pics of it cooking and how I serve it.



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you've started this blog! I get all kinds of GREAT ideas for the week ahead. It's awesome and you're doing a FAB job! Just thought you should know your efforts are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I enjoy doing this, but it's nice to hear that people enjoy reading it too!

    ReplyDelete