Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easy Meal Idea: Sausage, Peppers and Onions over Rice

This is another very simple meal idea. I just bought a package of fully cooked, beef, smoked sausage and cooked them up with peppers and onions and served it over white rice. Fast, easy, flavorful and colorful.

I package sausage. Use whatever you like. I used Esskay smoked beef sausage. They were a little too greasy for my taste so next time I'll try something different.
1 red onion, cut into eighth's and separated
1 red and 1 green pepper, but sometimes I use yellow or orange.
Butter
Salt and pepper
1 beer
white rice

First I start by cutting up all the veggies and then I set them aside in a bowl. Then I cut the sausages into 2-3 inch long sections. I start with a little olive oil in a large skillet on medium-low heat. When the pan has warmed up, I add the sausage. As the sausage cooks I add a little beer for extra flavor, turning the sausage every few minutes so it doesn't burn. Cook rice according to your package directions. In a non-stick skillet melt some butter. I usually use about 1 tbsp. Cook veggies in non-stick skillet until they are done to your liking. I like to keep them a bit more crisp. When its all done, plate a bed of rice, then top with veggies and sausage. Enjoy!
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment