Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010!!!

I survived it! What a crazy week we've had here! I live about ten minutes south of Baltimore, Maryland in a little town called Catonsville. Today is Thursday and since last Friday we've had about 45 inches of snow fall in the form of two major storms. To put this into perspective, Maryland averages about 18 inches of snow per year. Before the first storm hit we had already had about 36 inches of snow. The actual totals recorded at BWI for the season have brought us to a record breaking 79.9 inches this season. It's been totally nuts!

I was stuck in my house from Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning. I live on a one way street where everyone parallel parks on each side and we didn't get a plow until Monday night around 10ish. I was asleep at that point, but the neighbors tell me that they had to bring in a front end loader to remove it all. There was just no where left to put the snow. When I finally did get out on Tuesday it was just to make a trip to the grocery and liquor stores so that I could prepare for the next storm to hit. Luckily the plow has already been here again, so I am going to be able to go to work tomorrow.

Here are a few pics from this afternoon...

This is the view from my front porch...
 
 Here is my car. As you can see, the snow piled up next to the side walk is just a little taller than the SUV!

 
This is my poor house...

 
And here is a shot of the giant wave of ice that's hanging over my house and my neighbor's house...
 
 That actually just came crashing down as I was uploading the pic. My dad was standing on the front porch, but luckily he got out of the way as it was coming down. 

I know none of this has anything to do with food, but it's my blog and I'll do what I want! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment