Monday, February 14, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops and Pears

I'm trying something a little different with pork chops tonight and hoping it's yummy...
4 boneless pork chops
olive oil
2 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp crushed rosemary
1/2 tsp hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
Salt and pepper

In a large, non-stick skillet, heat some oil over medium heat, then place pork chops into pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chops and turn to do the other side. Brown both sides, but don't cook them all the way. Transfer them to a plate. 

Add more oil to the pan if you need a little more. Add the pears and toss them frequently until they start to get browned and crispy. Add vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary and hot sauce and bring to a boil. The sauce will get a bit syrupy.

Return the chops to the pan and cook until cooked throughout. 

I served this with honey glazed carrots and steamed baby Yukon potatoes with parsley. Also, I only put three chops back into the pan because my dad hates vinegar. His pork chop was a bit plain, but he still really likes it. My hubby was a bit concerned because the vinegar had such a strong smell, but he really liked the flavor, so I will make these again. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment