Sunday, February 5, 2012

Shrimp Scampi and Pasta in a White Wine Sauce

I'll have to finish writing out the direction later. I am sick and really can't concentrate, but I needed to get this up to post on Reddit.


1.5 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, and de-veined
1 bulb if garlic, minced (Yes, a whole bulb. We have to keep the vampires at bay!)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced and de-seeded
the juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of butter
dry white wine
parsley
salt and pepper
linguine, cooked according to package directions
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish

On medium heat, melt the butter, then add the garlic. Saute garlic for about 3-4 minutes, but do not let it burn. Add the lemon juice, and some wine, about 1/2 cup. Let the liquid come up to temp, then add the shrimp and tomatoes.

Edit 2/12/12, Little to no chance I will finish this post. I'm still very tired and to be honest, it wasn't my best scampi. It was edible, but really lacked something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment