Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beef Bulgogi

This week I was really excited for the challenge. Korean. I have made this a few times before, but this was the newest recipe I developed, and I liked this better than the others I have made.

 For the marinade:
1/3 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp tahini (Sesame seed paste)
2 tbsp honey
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp minced ginger

1.5 lbs ribeye, sliced very thin
1 bunch of scallions
about 2 tbsp vegetable oil

Mix all the ingredients listed for the marinade with a whisk. Put the beef, marinade, and about half of the scallions, very thinly sliced, into a large baggie. I marinated mine for about ten hours, but you could go as long as 24 or as little as one.

Put the vegetable oil in a wok and set it to about medium high. Once the oil is nice and hot add the beef. Discard any unused marinade. This will cook pretty quickly, but you want to keep mixing it up so that it cooks evenly.





I served this with some brown rice and snow peas. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment