Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Apple-Bacon Coleslaw

Apple-Bacon Coleslaw. Yes, you heard me right. And it's amazing!!! I saw a recipe for it, but the girl's blog was down when I actually went to put it together, so I improvised. Here you go...

1/2 head of cabbage, sliced very thin
1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces and fried
1 apple, skin on, sliced and diced (I used Honey Crisp because that's my favorite)
Juice from one lemon
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup of Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
1/4 cup mayo
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt and fresh ground pepper

Just gather all the ingredients, put them all together and mix well. I made it a day before I wanted to eat it to let it marinate and think about just how awesome it wanted to be. This was a side for pulled BBQ pork. I also made potato salad because the weird old man that lives upstairs won't eat cabbage.




Edit: This was so seriously delicious, but after some discussion with my husband we have decided that next time I need to use two apples, and chop everything a lot smaller. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, Christy. Thanks for pointing me to your blog! Cindy

    ReplyDelete