Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mint Iced Tea

I hate to say it, but it's week two and I'm already lacking inspiration. This week's challenge is mint. I really feel like I should be making savory things and not sweet, since it's cooking, not baking. Alas, I do not like savory mint dishes. I hate lamb, or maybe I just haven't had it prepared well. I also thought about lots of dishes that have a mint-yogurt sauce. Too bad I hate yogurt. Some friends gave me some interesting ideas, but nothing I was really excited about. The only thing I could think of all week was mint tea, so I decided on a sweet iced tea with fresh mint sprigs.

I have one of those Mr. Coffee iced tea makers and I love it. In about five minutes you can have a huge pitcher of fresh iced tea. For this I used five regular tea bags and five mint tea bags. Once the tea was brewed I added some simple syrup (about a quarter cup), and garnished my glass of tea with a sprig of fresh mint from the pot on my front porch. This tea is also really good with a little vodka in it. It's not much of a recipe, but it's all I could think of. I promise something much better for next week, as I am really excited about the theme.





No comments:

Post a Comment